The default behavior
- You have an appointment that was tracked between Dynamics 365 and Outlook.
- If you go into Dynamics 365 and Cancel that appointment, the expected behavior in Outlook should be:
- There would be no cancellation email for that appointment.
- Additionally, the appointment status won’t be changed to Canceled in Outlook.
How to change this?
A new setting for this was introduced on 15th June 2020, allowing appointment cancellations tracking.
However, it took about nearly a month for OrgDbOrgSettings to be updated with this setting on 7th July 2020.
Here’s how to enable it:
- Follow the guide on OrgDbOrgSettings on how to install the solution.
- After that, double click the OrgDbOrgSettings and search for “SSSPropagateAppointmentCancellationsToExchange“
3. Double click on it and set it to true and Update.
Here’s the result:
- Appointment without recipients will not have cancellation.
- Appointment with recipients will have the following behavior:
- For the organizer: The appointment will be removed from the calendar – No canceled email will be received.
- For the attendees: Appointment will show Cancelled in calendar – A canceled email will be received.
- Cancellations are only sent for appointments that haven’t happened yet.
- Because this tracking is using Server-Side Synchronization, so would generally take about 12 minutes for an cancellations to sent/received.
Anything you can find regarding this, do let me know in the comments below.